ESAS Astronomy Festival
A Personal Invitation from the founders of the East Sussex Astronomical Society (ESAS)
I am pleased to announce that the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations have now been finalised, please find below the program of events that East Sussex Astronomical Society along with The De La Warr Pavilion will be hosting for ‘The ESAS Astronomy Festival!’
The event takes place on 5th June, 10 am – 6 pm at:
De La Warr Pavilion,
Bexhill On Sea,
ESAS Astronomy Festival Programme
- Solar viewing on the Terrace, white light and Hydrogen Alpha (All day weather permitting)
- Space Race starting at 12noon and throughout the day, make your own water rocket, then blast it into space, the one that goes the furthest wins a prize!
- Solar System Walk one at 12:00 and one at 3:30 from DLWP to Café on the Beach Glyne gap 2.5Km. Please book at the ESAS table.
- Large Indoor Planetarium, 5 talks lasting half an hour every hour Last show 4:30 The Presentation is entitled ‘The Cosmic Classroom’ (Please note restrictions apply as space is limited, Please book a performance through the DLWP Box office or on the day at the ESAS desk) Wheel chairs are accommodated for. Cost per person £2.50
- ESAS Table giving information about our society and advice about astronomy, and space goodies for sale.
- Members telescope will be on show for the general public to look at and through. Members will be on hand to give advice.
- Live Faulkes Telescope viewing from Hawaii and or Australia at 3pm in the foyer
- Video message from Sir Patrick Moore to all participants. (played throughout the day)
- Birthday Star, given a year of birth this program will print a star map with a star that it’s light left that star the year you were born. ESAS will print a start chart of that star for members of the public.
- Make your own Galaxy & Nebulae, beautiful designs produced and all individually different.
- Information videos being shown throughout the day at various points around the DLWP.
- Children’s Corner where we have lots of Space and Astronomy related colouring for them to do. (May be the adults would like to join in too!)
- De La Warr Pavilion is highlighting us for the day please support the DLWP by visiting the Cafe and other exhibits. Bookings can be made on line for the Planetarium on the DLWP website email@example.com or to find out information visit www.dlwp.com & www.esas.org.uk .
We look forward to welcoming you for a truly out of this world experience!
Kind regards and look forward to seeing you
Andy Lawes & the ESAS Jubilee Astronomy Festival Team.
Click here to visit the East Sussex Astronomical Society website